The city tax is a local fee applied to people who stay in receptive properties on territories classified as tourist destination or city of art.
The settings and the costs to be applied adopt only local parameters determined by the regulations of the local government.
In the configuration - City Tax part you will able to configure the general rules which allow you to automatically calculate the fee during the framed periods.
Let us see the detailed possibilities in the several fields:
- VAT: leave 0 here if there is no fee to calculate on the city tax; otherwise, you can set the mark-up percentage according to your Country laws;
- Count the ages: this option allows you to choose if calculate adults or children starting from the room settings or counting the data from the occupants' real ages.
ATTENTION: If you want to calculate the data from the occupants' real ages, but the room is empty, however the room setting will be considered.
- Children minimum age: the children age settings are useful only if you choose to calculate the guests' number collecting the information from the population records. Every people under that age restriction will be calculate as exempt, then leave 0 if your laws do not express a minimum age limit to applied on city tax;
- Children maximum age: guests over that age restriction will be calculate as adults;
- City Tax Message: this message is shown in each issue document containing city taxes; it is particularly useful to specify clauses and regulations tied to the exemption of additional taxations (e.g. the Italian city tax)
- Apartments' model: this option allows you to divide the CSV report between apartments and rooms;
- City Tax Behaviour: choosing one of two present items you can decide if adding the tax amount on the reservation sale or if spin it off.
You can also choose different rules to be applied for different periods, useful to set up possible sale or different amounts depending on the specific period.
Furthermore for each period you will be able to set up the calculation parameters generally imposed and transmitted from your territory.
- If a differentiate period expired, Zak creates a new period for the same days/month for the next 2 years and the past period will be automatically removed;
- Zak prohibits you to create intersected periods;
- the item "Behaviour" is useful for selling rooms with tax included;
Once you defined your general settings over the city taxes calculations you will be able to define possible taxation periods, each one with specific rules.
The fields to explain should be:
- Per room: the tax is applied to each room, independently from the occupants' number;
- Per person: the tax is applied to each room guests taking account of both adults and children;
- Fix: the tax is static calculated on configured period days regardless of rooms and occupants;
- Percentage: the tax is calculated as reservation amount percentage;
Daily: to enable only if the tax is to be calculated daily over the interested period and not "una tantum".
Example and multiple period explanation:
In this example there are 3 different period and different calculation rules for each one:
- For the first 5 nights adults pay 2€ and children pay 1€ per day (qualified daily);
- from 6th up to 10th night, regardless of occupants' number, everyone pays 0.5€ per day (qualified daily);
- from 10th night onwards, everyone pays 0.15€ per day (daily NOT qualified);
For example, a booking of 25 days, an adult and a child, will amount to 17.60€ whereof:
- 15€ for the first 5 days =((1 adult * 2€) + (1 child * 1€)) * 5 nights
- 2.5€ = 0.5€ fix multiplied for the 5 nights from 6th to 10th (ignoring rooms and occupants)
- 0.1€ represent the remaining 10 nights, taxed una tantum (ignoring rooms and occupants)
The taxes will be unified per typology during the reservation and the final result will be:
City tax addition or removal
For those who enabled the plugin on the reservation details relevant buttons to add/remove/recalculate the city tax will appear. By invoicing time, the single city tax items can be managed as each other reservation economic entity, useful in case of partial invoicing.
On section Archive/City Tax it is possible to select a period and analyse data regarding the city tax. At the elaboration end a small recap mirror will be shown with the totals and it will be possible also download a csv file providing detailed data on the single taxes, single days and on the total of the interested period.
Specific attention shall be paid to the Unit count field, which indicates whether the record has been considered for the count of adults/children/rooms/permanent/percentages in the period of interested.
Example: if you have 10 different taxation days for the same reservation, adults and children must be counted once in total and not for each taxed day; to the same reservation/tax will correspond only one record with UNIT COUNT=1.
Attention: the city tax is not automatically added to reservations at the moment because of channels occupancy reasons: they should be unreliable and may have meaning discrepancies between "price and tax". In the future we will add the possibility to automatically tax the reservations with the relevant explanation and warning.